Thursday 24 March 2011

Book no.1





This is the first book I had printed - I wanted to keep the layout as simple as possible so the content is the most interesting thing to look at. This is to try and contrast to the vast amount of in-your-face information that is in newspapers. When going through a copy of the Evening Standard, I found that the stories at the beginning and end were interesting, but got pretty dull through the centre pages - all the interesting information is on the outside. With my book, I wanted it to be the opposite - with the interest inside the book, meaning that you have to pick up and actually take time to look through it to understand the content. I am pleased with how this book has printed but it is really manufactured - so I want to make a hand-made version.

No comments:

Post a Comment