Sunday 27 March 2011

Book no.1 Experiment





The first book I made, I had printed twice because the order of the pages in one of them was wrong. With the copy that printed wrong, I decided to experiment with sewing the pages of the book together through the middle so that you can't open the book fully - similarly to my experiments with the Evening Standard at the beginning of the project. Unlike the newspaper sewn together, here all of the pages are still readable. The idea here was to create the impression that there is missing information in the sewn up pages, even though there isn't. I'm pleased with how this experiment turned out, although I'm not sure about the aesthetics of the book with the blue stitching on the front - maybe if the stitching was white, it would blend into the cover more. I'm thinking of getting more of the first book printed so that I can experiment some more/refine my ideas, as I'm thinking this is going to be my final outcome, although it's not quite there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment